Re: why linux can't see my memory

On 01/05/2014 09:13 PM, Long Wind wrote:
On 1/5/14, Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> wrote:

Have watched this thread for a little. In this day and age, 1GB ram is
just not enough,
and ram is pretty cheap nowadays. Why not spring for another 1GB and
simplify your life?
What kind do you need? I might have an old stick of 1 or 2GB you could
have. If you're
in the US and I have one, I'll send it to you.

--doug

Thanks! You are very kind.

I struggle with 512 M now
1 G memory will make life a lot  easier

My problem is linux can't use 1 G memory
on a machine I just buy, though it can run Windows XP

I checked my junk box, and the only 1GB memory modules I have are the wrong pin-out.
Amazon will sell you 2GB for $46, (2 modules) that will fit your mobo.

http://www.amazon.com/Memory-Series-848P-M-865G-M7D-Upgrade/dp/B00BQ0SN8O

--doug