mandb: 3 questions

Some program, I presume mandb keeps recreating /var/cache/man/cs/ etc.
after I delete them.
1) Is there any use to have such extra directories cluttering up the
drive on a single user system when the user doesn't read or speak any
of those other languages?
2) Is there any configuration I can do to stop these directories being
recreated?
3) How many milliseconds does mandb save for the average access?
Thanks,
Mike
--
Today is International Disturbed People's Day
Please send an encouraging message to a disturbed friend.