Re: Debian Wheezy Compromised - www-data user is sending 1000 emails an hour

>>> Only in Debian is phpMyAdmin owned by root.
>
> Has the Fedora project gone to the trouble to set up phpMyAdmin users?
>
> I know they've been pushing a number of services out to
> service-specific users. Would be great if they've gone this far.
>
> (I think Debian has, too. Hmm. Yeah. Clamav, lightdm, gdm, sshd,
> saned, hplip, exim, ..., user ids over 99.)

Debian also uses separate account for different services. But it does
not mean file ownership, 'only' the running service ownership. The files
(even the configuration files) are owned by root, and can be read by the
user.

--
--- Friczy ---
'Death is not a bug, it's a feature'