Re: To do the same as Windows safe mode...........

On Mi, 01 ian 14, 09:06:48, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 January 2014 01:31:00 Scott Ferguson wrote:
> > On 01/01/14 11:56, Charlie wrote:
> > > So can someone please tell me how I might do windows safe mode
> > > equivalent?
> >
> > There isn't an equivalent mode with Linux. Sorry.
>
> My knowledge of Windows is scarcely encyclopaedic, but is Windows Safe
> Mode not much the same thing as Debian single user (run level 1)?

It's probably the best approximation of Windows Safe Mode, with the big
difference being that single user is text only. I find this to be a good
thing, provided one is familiar enough with it to do the trouble
shooting without GUI tools.

Kind regards,
Andrei