Re: USB mouse on Latitude D430

On 01/03/2014 07:46 PM, Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
Nah, no difference noticed. But I did catch one oddity. Today when
/snip/
I was booting up, I had the trackball connected to the USB port (that
has the power connector next to it) and while it was loading the
greeter (? the login window) the trackball did work. Then once the
login window came up, that was it.
     I'm kinda stumped here...
sometimes some USB devices don't like other things plugged in that same
bus.. as in only have the trackball plugged in, and the other port
spare.. maybe not enough power.. I had that same issue recently with the
trinity DM, the mouse didn't work. I... gave up:) went back to MATE.
does it work on say the XFCE desktop manager?

    Installing Mate & XFCE right now to test.

I must say, I am surprised that no one else has chimed in with any suggestions as to how to get my USB mouse or trackball working...

Have you tried unplugging the mouse/trackball and then plugging it back in again, after it has stopped working?

--doug