Re: Best SFTP (w/chroot): vsftpd vs mysecureshell vs other ??

On 01/03/2014 05:14 PM, Bob Goldberg wrote:
> ADDENDUM:
> forget about vsftp - this package has NOTHING WHAT-SO-EVER to do with SFTP.
> WTH were they thinking when they named that package!?

Well, Very Secure FTP (vsftp) was initially released back in Feb of
2001. The sftp protocal does technically predate that, but apparently
was just a little-used proprietary protocol for awhile. Wikipedia shows
some IETF Internet Drafts from 2001, but I doubt it was well known at
the time.

> so my question now very simply becomes:
> what do demanding admin's choose as a preferred SFTP server, that allows
> chrooting WITH group "w" access ????

Wish I could help with that, but I've only ever used openssh's
implementation, and without chrooting for that matter.

- PaulNM