Re: how to configure pulseaudio to use analog speaker on motherboard not hdmi on video card

> We might be getting there. See the two different users running
> pulseaudio, uid '125' and 'mlaks'. Who is this '125' anyway? I'd
> accuse them of hogging the audio sink, making it unavailable to
> 'mlaks'. Here is a similar report: <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2143157&p=12650610#post12650610>
>
> $ grep 125 /etc/passwd
> $ grep audio  /etc/group

ok so i did

mlaks@Rashi:~$ grep 125 /etc/passwd
mysql:x:119:125:MySQL Server,,,:/var/lib/mysql:/bin/false
speech-dispatcher:x:125:29:Speech Dispatcher,,,:/var/run/speech-dispatcher:/bin/sh

strange
so lets get rd of speech dispatcher
i dont have a speech-reading-hearing problem anyway

so

  Rashi:~# apt-get remove speech-dispatcher

The following packages will be REMOVED:
  akonadiconsole akregator amarok amor ark blinken blogilo bomber bovo calligraplan calligrasheets calligrastage calligrawords cantor
  cantor-backend-kalgebra cervisia cvsservice dolphin filelight granatier gwenview jovie juk k3b kaccessible kaddressbook kajongg kalarm kalgebra kalzium
  kanagram kapman kapptemplate karbon kate kate-plugins katomic kbattleship kblackbox kblocks kbounce kbreakout kbruch kbugbuster kcachegrind kcalc
  kcharselect kchmviewer kcolorchooser kde-baseapps kde-baseapps-bin kde-plasma-desktop kde-plasma-netbook kde-runtime kde-style-oxygen kde-window-manager
  kde-workspace kde-workspace-bin kdeaccessibility kdeadmin kdeartwork kdebase kdebase-apps kdebase-bin kdebase-runtime kdebase-workspace
  kdebase-workspace-bin kdeedu kdegames kdegraphics kdelibs-bin kdelibs5-plugins kdelirc kdemultimedia-kio-plugins kdenetwork kdepasswd kdepim
  kdepim-groupware kdepim-kresources kdepim-runtime kdepim-strigi-plugins kdepim-wizards kdeplasma-addons kdesdk kdesdk-dolphin-plugins kdesdk-kio-plugins
  kdesdk-misc kdetoys kdeutils kdewebdev kdf kdiamond kdm kexi kfilereplace kfind kfloppy kfourinline kgeography kget kgoldrunner kgpg khangman kig kigo
  kile kile-l10n killbots kimagemapeditor kinfocenter kiriki kiten kjots kjumpingcube kleopatra klettres klickety klines klinkstatus klipper kmag kmahjongg
  kmail kmenuedit kmines kmix kmousetool kmouth kmplot kmtrace knetwalk knode knotes kolf kollision kolourpaint4 kommander kompare konq-plugins konqueror
  konqueror-nsplugins konquest konsole konsolekalendar kontact kopete korganizer kpartloader kpat kplato kplayer kppp kpresenter krdc kremotecontrol
  krename kreversi krfb krita kruler ksame kscd kscreensaver kscreensaver-xsavers kshisen ksirk ksnapshot kspaceduel kspread ksquares kstars ksudoku
  ksysguard ksystemlog kteatime kthesaurus ktimer ktimetracker ktouch ktron kttsd ktuberling kturtle kubrick kuiviewer kuser kwalletmanager kweather kword
  kwordquiz kwrite libkateinterfaces4 libkdepim4 libkopete4 libmessagelist4 libplasmaclock4abi3 libsmokekdecore4-3 libsmokekdeui4-3 libsmokekfile3
  libsmokekhtml3 libsmokekio3 libsmokeknewstuff2-3 libsmokeknewstuff3-3 libsmokekparts3 libsmokektexteditor3 libsmokekutils3 libsmokeplasma3
  libtaskmanager4abi3 lokalize lskat marble mplayerthumbs okteta okular palapeli parley plasma-dataengines-workspace plasma-desktop plasma-netbook
  plasma-runners-addons plasma-scriptengine-python plasma-scriptengine-ruby plasma-scriptengine-superkaramba plasma-scriptengines plasma-widget-lancelot
  plasma-widgets-addons plasma-widgets-workspace polkit-kde-1 python-kde4 rocs ruby-kde4 ruby-plasma speech-dispatcher step sweeper systemsettings umbrello

oops!

well I have been 1/2 sid since I moved to the kernel 3.12.1 to get the  radeon driver to work nicely with xrandr so some changes are in store

ok lets go for it. we only live once
I can always install something again if I need it, dont recognize any of the kde stuff as useful on my stumpwm setup anyway...
:)

ok so now we are ok
vlc file.wmv works immediately
Anyway, now no problem!!! I get beautiful sound right up when I start the

So I guess I could have just turned off speech-dispacher in rc2.d
I guess the myseql thing is weird, but does seem to affect sound..
what is your take on this matter?

Mitchell