Re: Thunar: Freeze when trying to open webdav folder

On 01/03/2014 04:43 PM, hasgarion@hellshell.de wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I could not find a bug report to this, so I ask anyone if she can confirm:
>
> I run wheezy with XFCE as desktop env. I just made a fresh
> installation today.
> I wanted to open a webdav folder by:
>
> Open Thunar
> Click on "Gehe zu" ("Go to"?)

"Go"

> "Ort öffnen" ("Place"?)

"Open Location"

> Then I begin to type "https" and when I type ":" the Thunar window
> freezes immediately.
>
> Anyone can confirm this?
>
> Thank you,
>
> hasgarion

Confirmed.

I run Thunar on Debian amd64 without XFCE so XFCE does not seem to be
the source of the problem. Also, if you wait a minute, the window will
become responsitive again. Strace says it hangs at

poll([{fd=23, events=POLLIN}], 1, 60000

hence the 60 seconds delay.

HTH
Linux-Fan