Re: tuxboot-SOLVED

On 01/02/2014 03:00 PM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> anyone use tuxboot?? I was trying to install Clonezilla using their
> recommended tuxboot method. I'm running Wheezy. Either the download link
> doesn't work, or the executable doesn't do anything. When I tried to run
> the linux file(tuxboot-6), it just returned my command-line. I was able
> to burn it to a CD, but I'm just curious. My netbootin doesn't seem to
> make a real bootable image, or I'm doing it wrong:)
> I tried compiling the source, but I was just missing too many things,
> and I gave up.. QtCore was the last issue..
>
> what do you use to make a bootable image on a USB stick??
 well I just had an interesting session with tuxboot. I finally got it
installed after I installed a qt4-dev-tools package..
then I ran tuxboot to install clonezilla on a USB stick. It didn't work
I installed puppy linux on that stick and... it did'nt work. I just GOT
this stick and it was formatted fat32. I blew away the partition,
repartitioned it fat32, installed puppy linux, and... it booted. Now I
know why I had issues with a video I put on that stick. the video worked
fine on the laptop it came from, but it had errors once I transferred it
to the USB stick. Brand new PNY USB stick. 32 GB. one that I was using
to back up my photos...

--
Paul Cartwright