Re: Disable ipv6.......

On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 10:39:47 +0100 Ivan Jurišić sent:

> If wont to check loaded modules in memory try:
>
> lsmod

nf_conntrack           70753  7
nf_nat,xt_state,nf_nat_ipv4,xt_conntrack,nf_conntrack_
ftp,iptable_nat,nf_conntrack_ipv4

> or lsmod | grep ipv6

returns nothing?

> then if not find in output "ipv6" that module is not active.
>
> also check with /sbin/ifconfig | grep inet if got any line with
> "inet6" in that case You have up & running ipv6.

Nothing with 6 in it at all.

So my system is tricking me all right with that spurious message.

Thanks for your help,
Charlie
    --
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	The generative energy, which, when we are loose, dissipates and
	makes us unclean, when we are continent invigorates and
	inspires us. Chastity is the flowering of man; and what are
	called Genius, Heroism, Holiness, and the like, are but various
	fruits which succeed it.....Henry David Thoreau