Re: [OT] non technical Q: bad or worse. Was: To do the same as Windows safe mode...........

Ed Jabbour wrote:

On Wednesday, January 01, 2014 01:27:09 PM Doug wrote:

> I think it's useless to try and teach anybody English on the 'net

> here. I've been trying to correct "loose" for "lose" for years

> with no result.

What I find particularly galling is "I could care less" when what is meant is "I couldn't care less." The locution is now pervasive, at least here in the states.

Well.... I didn't care very much to begin with, but I probably could care even less if I really tried. :-)

Cheerio,

Miles Fidelman