Re: [OT] non technical Q: bad or worse. Was: To do the same as Windows safe mode...........

On Wed 01 Jan 2014 at 17:59:21 +0000, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> I am a native English speaker living in England.  I too have never
> heard "less worse" and the expression jarred.  But there are four
> possibilities:  1) It is an expression that is age dependant
> (like "cool" or "wicked" meaning "good"). 2) It is acceptable in some a

'cool' and 'wicked' do not violate the rules of grammar or logic. I'm
not too sure about 'it's well good' (which I like, but don't use) but
have a fondness for 'magic', which struck me as a brilliant way of
conveying delight and enjoyment. I don't suppose anyone remembers
bazzing'?

The context and the subtlety (and maybe as said, the age range) are all
important. But advocates of 'less worse' are presumably relaxed with
'less iller' and 'less wealthier'.

> I myself would certainly say "not as bad as".

Good on you, sport.