Re: [OT] non technical Q: bad or worse. Was: To do the same as Windows safe mode...........

On Wed, 2014-01-01 at 18:02 +0000, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 January 2014 17:49:59 Brian wrote:
> > If 'less worse' is a colloquialism it has no charm or character to
> > lift it out of the lazy speaking category.
>
> :-)
>
> Lisi

Wow, super-irrelevant to send a smiley as a comment to an OT thread.

However, please watch "Inherit the Wind" with Spencer Tracy. I try to
translate the German version from memory to English: "We should use
every word we know, since there are much too less terms everybody is
able to understand", IOW the style of let's say an Australien native
English speaker might not fit to the upper class tea slurping people,
but everybody is able to understand this "incorrect English".

Happy new Year!
Ralf