Re: How do I get rid of the "launchpad" in XFCE?

On Fri, 2013-12-06 at 20:33 -0500, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> On 12/6/2013 5:23 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:
> > André Nunes Batista wrote:
> >> BTW, why did they change that? Panel 0 and Panel 1 were such an cool way
> >> to teach gui users to count.
> >
> > Hmm...  I disagree.  Counting and indexing are two different things.
> > Indexes start at zero.  Counting starts at one.
> >
> > This is often described as the classic fencepost problem.
> >
> > Bob
> >

> In SOME languages, indexing starts at 0.  C was the first popular
> language to do this.  Older languages such as BASIC, FORTRAN and COBOL
> start at 1 (unless that's also changed in the last 20 years! :) ).
>
> Jerry

I hate that some people lack the appreciation of dynamics. That "zero"
over there would be missed by a majority of users who wouldn't even
bother to change default settings. It would be regarded as remarkably
weird by some and those would ddg-it an learn something quite
unexpected, maybe completely useless: Jerry and other pals some years
back had a brief exchange on the most nonsensical thing.

But such an exchange was regarded quite ludicrous by some other dude who
nonetheless kept posting like it was very important that users are not
confronted with fences though he knew them very well.

--
André N. Batista
GNUPG/PGP KEY: 6722CF80