Re: libdrm-nouveau2/libdrm-radeon1 installed as requirement to libgl1-mesa-dri

On 2013-12-07 17:06 +0100, Ivan Kovnatsky wrote:

> I have blindly (I guess/installed and forgot about it) installed on
> my laptop these packages as requirements to libgl1-mesa-dri: libdrm-intel1,
> libdrm-nouveau2, libdrm-radeon1.  OK, first one libdrm-intel1 is what I really
> need:
> [...]
> When trying to remove either libdrm-nouveau2 or libdrm-radeon1 I obviously get
> a message that this required packages.  Thing is I really do not need them.
> What options do I have to get rid of them like normally using apt/aptitude
> package management system?  Thanks.

None which are very practical.  You could rebuild mesa (or repack the
libgl1-mesa-dri package) without the Nouveau and Radeon drivers to get
rid of the dependency, but then you are on your own when it comes to
updates.  Somewhat more practical would be to use dpkg's path-exclude
option to not install the files you don't need, but I don't think saving
a few megabytes of disk space is worth the hassle.

The X Strike Force does not want to split the libgl1-mesa-dri
package[1].

Cheers,
       Sven

1. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=385575#27