Re: A rookie's query: Want to about Debian and the related

On Sat, 2013-12-07 at 20:15 +0530, AP wrote:
> And this is necessary if Linux is made to be used in every home like
> earlier Windows was being used!

Linux isn't an opponent to other OSes. It's an alternative with
advantages and drawbacks and it needs knowledge about our individual
needs for ourself to chose what way we will go. There is no competition.
Only idiots draw their worldview in a way that something is only evil or
only good. For sure the Linux philosophy is more ethical in an
occidental, Old Greek morally point of view, but as you can see, when
reading all threads, even the understanding of logic, defined more than
2000 years ago, is questioned when it comes to name the first panel
"panel one" or "panel zero".

Linux is not a competitor to Microsoft, Apple or even other free *nix
e.g. as BSD. It's something on it's own. The only competitors are
Microsoft and Apple. We shouldn't care about them.