Re: Wireless Controller Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG in a Dell Inspiron 9300

Thank you, Bob, for such a mammoth contribution.

On Friday 06 December 2013 23:04:49 Bob Proulx wrote:
> Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > I am having trouble with a Wireless Controller Intel PRO/Wireless
> > 2200BG in a Dell Inspiron 9300 running a freshly installed
> > Wheezy. It is not successfully creating a wireless connection.
>
> Is the wifi access point you are trying to connect to a hidden
> network?

No.

[snip]
> > lsmod reveals that the module ipw2200 is there.
>
> The ipw2200 is used on a lot of ThinkPads and it was on my previous
> one.  It works very well.  But I would sometimes, rarely, need to
> unload the module and reload it again or it would not connect.  I
> don't know if this is what you are seeing but it is possible.
> Reloading it is safe (quicker than rebooting) and won't hurt.  It
> causes a full device reset and initialization.
>
>   # rmmod ipw2200 ; sleep 1; modprobe ipw2200

This worked!!  \o/ What a pity that I went to bed early last night.  I
might have had a better night if I had read this before I did so. ;-)

I have done one reboot.  I shall try another.  I hardly dare believe
it!

Thank you so much, Brian.

Lisi