Re: Wireless Controller Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG in a Dell Inspiron 9300

On Friday 06 December 2013 19:49:36 Ron Leach wrote:
> On 06/12/2013 18:31, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > Ignoring unknown interface eth1=eth1
>
> I had this recently when trying to get a Samsung Galaxy working on
> a USB interface.
>
> Reco's reply (1) to me was helpful, he said:
> > That's only means that you lack usb0 definition
> > in /etc/network/interfaces.
>
> so, in your case, the definition for eth1 may be missing from
> /etc/network/interfaces
>
> If you think you might need some help with that, would you like to
> post the contents of /etc/network/interfaces?

That's a kind offer.  I have to get it working without any of the
basic infor becauseas a laptop it has to be able to connect to any
wi-fi access point.

<quote>
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
</quote>

But eth0 (the ethernet connection) manages to connect!

The wireless card is eth1.

Lisi