Re: Wireless Controller Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG in a Dell Inspiron 9300

On Fri, 6 Dec 2013 15:20:19 +0000
Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday 06 December 2013 13:09:49 Celejar wrote:
> > Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I am having trouble with a Wireless Controller Intel PRO/Wireless
> > > 2200BG in a Dell Inspiron 9300 running a freshly installed
> > > Wheezy.   It is not successfully creating a wireless connection.
> > >  lsmod reveals that the module ipw2200 is there.
> > >
> > > I use an access list for wireless appliances on my router, and
> > > the correct MAC code for the laptop in question is there.  (I
> > > just checked!)  Ifconfig -a finds the card.
> >
> > What do the logs show when you insert the module, and try to bring
> > up the interface? Are you using any sort of encryption?
>
> No - just managed access.
>
> I wasn't sure which logs.  Here is the wicd one.  As you can see, I
> have been trying all day.

Don't know wicd, and there's way too much stuff in here for me to grok.
I'd want to see the main system logs (syslog / messages).

To get the relevant stuff, watch the logs (e.g., "tail
-F /var/log/syslog"), wait until things seem quiet, then (in a
different terminal) bring the interface up, and cut and paste whatever
gets written to the log.

Celejar