Re: Goodbye GNOME, Hello XFCE

On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 17:07:44 -0500 (EST), Tom H wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 9:46 PM, Stephen Powell wrote:
>> I hope Debian will make XFCE the
>> default desktop for the production jessie installer.
>
> It is for the time being.
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=tasksel/tasksel.git;a=commit;h=dfca406eb694e0ac00ea04b12fc912237e01c9b5

That's good.  I'm not a GNOME hater.  GNOME has been the default
for a long time, and something long established should not be changed
without a good reason.  But the withdrawal of fallback mode is, IMHO,
sufficient justification.  It looks like they made this change shortly
*before* GNOME dropped support for fallback mode.  But it was close
enough that they may have known that it was coming.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :