Re: Setting up wordpress on wheezy using the debian packages?

Thanks to all who replied.  I got lots of useful suggestions.

The one that finally got me off the ground is this one…  Somehow I missed it in all my googling.

    https://wiki.debian.org/WordPress

By *carefully* following *all* the instructions there, I was able to get a functioning WordPress v3.6.1 (latest available in the Debian Wheezy archives).  I believe this will do the job for the time being.

There was some recent discussion on the mentors list about recruiting  new folks to help with maintaining the Debian WordPress packages.  I presume we won't see any updates past 3.6.1 until that issue is resolved?

If there's anything I can do as a non-developer -- such as, perhaps, testing new releases on a quick-turnaround basis with non-x86 architectures (I have PowerPC and ARM boxes that I can use for testing)

Enjoy!

Rick