Re: How do I get rid of the "launchpad" in XFCE?

On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 17:47:25 -0500 (EST), Stephen Powell wrote:

> As for "Automatically show and hide the panel", I can't find where to set
> this.  Besides, it seems to me that that will get rid of the thing across
> the top of the screen, not the thing along the bottom of the screen.
> I want the thing across the top of the screen to stay there.  I want the
> thing along the bottom of the screen to go away.  But I want to be able to
> reinstate it later if the change produces unexpected results.
>
> Could you please give me more specific, step-by-step instructions for
> how to accomplish this?

Never mind, I just stumbled across it.  There are two "panels".  Panel 1
and Panel 2.  The "launcher" is Panel 2.  You have to have Panel 2 selected
in the settings application.  Then you can hide the launcher.  Sorry for
the noise, and thanks to all who responded.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :