Re: How do I get rid of the "launchpad" in XFCE?

On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 17:05:22 -0500 (EST), Patrick Wiseman wrote:

> Right-click on it, select 'Panel' and then the minus-sign at the top
> will remove it.  What I prefer is to have it minimized when it doesn't
> have focus; then maximized windows do maximize.  That you can do by
> checking the 'Automatically show and hide the panel' box.

Hmm.  Well, when I right-click on it, I get a pop-up menu with a title
of "launcher".  So maybe this thing is called the launcher.  But there
does not appear to be any way of controlling the settings for something
called "launcher".  When I click on the minus sign, I get a warning
dialog box that says that if I remove it, it will be permanently lost.
I don't like the idea of making irrevocable changes.  I want to be able
to change things back the way they were if my change produces unexpected
results.

As for "Automatically show and hide the panel", I can't find where to set
this.  Besides, it seems to me that that will get rid of the thing across
the top of the screen, not the thing along the bottom of the screen.
I want the thing across the top of the screen to stay there.  I want the
thing along the bottom of the screen to go away.  But I want to be able to
reinstate it later if the change produces unexpected results.

Could you please give me more specific, step-by-step instructions for
how to accomplish this?

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :