Re: key error message from squeeze-updates repository

Hi, Kailash

Thank you for your reply.  It is much appreciated.

On Tuesday 03 December 2013 05:05:38 Kailash wrote:
> On Monday 02 December 2013 11:06 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > I am getting the following error message when I run aptitude
> > update:
> >
> > W: GPG error: http://mirror.ox.ac.uk squeeze-updates Release: The
> > following
> > signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
> > available:
> > NO_PUBKEY 8B48AD6246925553
> >
> > The debian-archive-keyring package is installed.
> >
> > What has gone wrong and how do I correct it?  I have googled but
> > found out only that the debian-archive-keyring package ought to
> > be installed - and it is!

> Have you seen this page?
> http://en.kioskea.net/faq/809-debian-apt-get-no-pubkey-gpg-error

No, I hadn't - though I have now read it.  I had in fact given up (for
various reasons, including the fact that I have to get it back to the
owner) and reinstalled.  I am now restoring home etc.

I am still very grateful for your help - and next time I have the
problem I shall know what to do.  Moreover the archives are now more
useful. :-)

Thanks,
Lisi