Re: plese stop Re: A rookie's query: Want to about Debian and the related

AP grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 03, 2013 01:27:31 PM David Guntner wrote:
>
>> There's a Debian
>> "Off Topic" list for that, and you bloody well know it.
>
> Well, email client discussion is off-topic...? A wonder...!

Look at this list's name.  It's DEBIAN-user.  Tie the discussion to how
it relates to Debian and then it's not so off topic.  When it turns into
a general Linux or specific program that can run on any platform (and
yea, that includes E-Mail clients), then it's off-topic for THIS list.
There's a Debian off-topic list for Debian users to hang out on and
discuss things that are not related specifically to Debian.

Yes, topic drift happens and as someone else said, we all expect it.
But when it goes too far afield for too long, then yes, it's off-topic
for this list and should be migrated to the off-topic list.  That's why
it exists, after all. :-)

             --Dave