Re: L2TP VPN configuration

On Tue, Dec 03, 2013 at 09:28:20AM -0500, Rob Owens wrote:
> I've followed a couple different tutorials on the internet, but I haven't
> been able to use L2TP to connect to a VPN from my Wheezy desktop.
> Connecting from an Android device works, so I know the server and my
> credentials are ok.
>
> Has anybody on the list successfully connected to a VPN using L2TP?  If so,
> could you give me some pointers or maybe a link to a tutorial that you used?

I am successfully using ipsec/l2tp as I write this. The tutorial I
followed is at:

<http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/openswan-l2tp.html>

The portion describing how to setup a GNU/Linux l2tp client starts at:

<http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/openswan-l2tp.html#L2TPconfigLinux>

I am using xl2tpd from wheezy.

Greg

--