OT: "Best Mail Client" - Was: [closed] A rookie's query: Want to about Debian and the related

On Tue, 2013-12-03 at 13:35 -0500, Neal Murphy wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 03, 2013 01:05:50 PM Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> > I'm a dyslexic and spell checking is
> > a default for all MUAs I use ... but not really helpful. Spell checking
> > doesn't notice the difference between "be" and "bee" or "then" and
> > "than", it still allows me to write as an idiot :D.
>
> Lesdyxics of the world untie! Spell checking is easy. Grammar checking is a
> largely intractable problem, at least where the semi-free-form, freely-
> foreign-word-borrowing English language is concerned. If they were easy to
> write, grammar checkers would be the norm. (Though in my day, they were rather
> plentiful. They were called 'nuns'.)

Grammar checking doesn't work until today, but psychotherapy done by
ELIZA is quite close to a real psychotherapy ;). I really fear the
weapon systems that are "perfect" and should not cause collateral
damages. Some of my childhood and youth idols, Joseph Weizenbaum and
Marvin Minsky likely are not innocent for spreading the impression that
computers are more save than they are. For _any_ decision I prefer a
stupid human over a "smart" computer.