Re: A rookie's query: Want to about Debian and the related

On Tue, 2013-12-03 at 01:21 -0700, Bob Proulx wrote:
> It was really about the nonfree logos.  A painful situation.  You can
> read all about it here.
>
>   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iceweasel

I know the story, but I wasn't aware about this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Iceweasel_13.png

The Iceweasel logo, but the _Google_ text is: "Thanks for choosing
Firefox!"

What would happen, if a Debian packager would make Iceweasel start with
about:blank instead of Google?

Some time ago I decided to contribute to Linux by building packages (not
for Debian), but then I didn't, because I'm not willing to become a
lawyer.