Re: A rookie's query: Want to about Debian and the related

On Mon, 2013-12-02 at 23:31 -0700, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 08:52:23PM +0530, AP wrote:
>
>           .......snip.......
> >
> > It is really wonder to know that Debian doesn't include them because
> > of yet another war of license....whatever...If the actual code is
> > free, still such issues arise is a wonder to think....! I now think
> > that KMail must be a bit less resourceful than Thunderbird.
>
> Debian does include them. It renamed them to keep from violating
> mozilla's trademark. Firefox is iceweasel. Thunderbird is icedove.

If Debian would include them from upstream as they are, they could call
them Firefox and Thunderbird as quasi every other Linux distro does. But
as already pointed out several times before, you are not allowed to
change a single thing, not even to stay away from Google for the
startpage for the first start. Thunderbird opens (at least opened) with
advertisings, when started for the very first time, what Debian software
opens with advertisings?