Re: A rookie's query: Want to about Debian and the related

On 12/03/2013 01:51 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-12-02 at 13:03 -0500, Doug McGarrett wrote:

/snip/

>> Start (Home) Page:
>> Firefox>Edit>Preferences>General>Home Page
>> Set it to anything you like. Or nothing.
>>
>> For Thunderbird--Mail format:
>> choose font, choose top or bottom reply, choose color,
>> choose sig, enable spam filters, I can't even name all the
>> possibilities.
>>
>> Sacrifice something good and useful to the great god FOSS, again!
>
> I already mentioned that I know the available options. It's the policy,
> IOW what they make default. For the mailer as mentioned one mail before
> this one, the HTML editor gives the full Windows feeling, at best when
> used by people who install the Windows fonts to their Linux, this often
> does mislead people to sent "cryptic" HTML mails, by using a Microsoft
> font with e.g. smilies.
>
> When did you start the last time Thunderbird, not Icedove, for the first
> time? The last time I wanted to test Thunderbird again, some month ago,
> it opened with advertisings.

I don't know about Icedove, I use Thunderbird. Every day. In Linux.
I think you must have been using Windows. I've never seen an ad in
Thunderbird.

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M.Greeley