Re: apparently they somehow have their adler32 cake as part of Debian Linux ...

> Unless it is implemented in a separate library or utility you will have to look at rsync's or zlib's code to see how it is implemented.
~
 Well, since that hashing algorithm is logically independent and it
used in many algorithms including rsync and zlib used extensively, I
thought it would be consolidated as a library itself
~
 Some of you may repeat to me again that this is not a Linux forum
;-), but I don't think this question is off topic since what makes
most Linux distros differ is the packaging:
~
 Do you know of any code correlation analysis in Linux, preferably,
based on some measurable metrics?
~
 lbrtchx