Re: who uses dual boot? [was: How to start using a free OS]

Le 12.11.2013 19:46, Joe a écrit :
The government of my country requires pretty much all business taxation
to be dealt with by their own software over the Net, and though they
offer a Linux fig-leaf, it doesn't cover much e.g. needs 32 bit
support, which no longer exists in sid (no, it doesn't work in a
32-bit Wheezy VM on 64 bit sid). I don't do that work on the laptop, so the dual-boot isn't really relevant, but it is another reason that I do
need to keep Windows around the house.

And what about multi-arch?
You could add the i386 arch to your amd64 install, and then try to install that software. It is what I did for skype, and what is also needed for wine, now. Speaking of wine, it might also help you on that particular point ( ok, I'm not honest here: I, in fact, just does not like wine at all. Softwares which only works sometimes does not interest me a lot... but it might help you. )