Re: who uses dual boot? [was: How to start using a free OS]

On Ma, 12 nov 13, 08:32:55, Miles Fidelman wrote:

> What are other people's experiences?  How many folks here use
> Windows (or Mac o/s) on the same machine as a linux distribution? Do
> you dual-boot or do you virtualize?

My brother was dual booting between Windows and Debian, mainly due to
Adobe Photoshop (no, Gimp doesn't help) and running that monster in a
virtual machine is not really efficient.

Unfortunately he eventually gave up on Debian because he didn't have the
patience to learn how to maintain it (he ran testing for a long time)
and due to lack of time I wasn't available to do it for him.

I'm quite confident now he would be fine to dual boot again with stable,
provided that:
- he takes the time to install it (unlikely)
- I'll be around to at least assist with dist-upgrades (unlikely)

Kind regards,
Andrei