Re: Procedure to uninstall nvidia drivers and restore nouveau

Le 10.11.2013 22:44, Alex Naysmith a écrit :
After following the procedure at
https://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers [1] to install the
nvidia-glx-legacy-173xx package for my GeForce FX5550 card [Debian 7
"Wheezy"], I would like to know the best method to return to the
nouveau driver with the files from the glx-legacy-1733 package removed
including the /etc/X11/xorg.d directory. I think users would benefit
from an 'uninstall nvidia driver' wiki page.

Regards

Links:
------
[1] https://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers

If you installed NVidia through the Debian's package in non-free sections, then simply remove it, with
#aptitude purge nvidia-kernel-dkms nvidia-glx
You will then need to install nouveau drivers, and you can do that with:
#aptitude install xserver-xorg-videa-nouveau