Re: Permission issue

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > If the user has the same uid:gid then they will all have sane access.
>
> Yes, but it should be mentioned that for sharing some paths by a
> multi-boot, uid and name of the user must fit, if you want to avoid
> links.

I am sorry but I do not understand what you are trying to say.
The "uid and name of the user must fit" part is where I am lost.

> $ ls -hAl /home /mnt/q/home
> /home:
> drwx------ 65 rocketmouse rocketmouse 4.0K Nov 10 13:33 rocketmouse
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 rocketmouse rocketmouse   11 Mar  8  2013 spinymouse -> rocketmouse
>
> /mnt/q/home:
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 rocketmouse rocketmouse   10 Mar  9  2013 rocketmouse -> spinymouse
> drwxr-xr-x 38 rocketmouse rocketmouse 4.0K Oct 27 21:32 spinymouse

* In /home spinymouse points to rocketmouse
* In /mnt/q/home rocketmouse points to spinymouse
* Canonical location: /home/rocketmouse
* Canonical location: /mnt/q/home/spinymouse
* All owned by the rocketmouse:rocketmouse user:group

What is trying to be pointed out here?  Sorry but I would like to
understand and it isn't clear to me.

Bob