Re: Why Debian

On Sun, 2013-11-10 at 13:06 -0500, Jeff Bauer wrote:
> On 11/10/2013 12:52 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > Simply start with one distro
>
> Advising a novice at Linux to build and configure a multi-boot, multi-OS
> machine?

The advice is to install one distro only first and after a while, only
if the installed distro shouldn't satisfy the user's needs, to install
other distros too. A Linux multi-boot isn't hard to do. Reading your
reply it sounds like there would be the need to configure something very
special, but there isn't. It also isn't hard to backup a Linux, so even
bad partitioning wouldn't harm. We learn by doing.