Re: Why Debian

On Sun, 2013-11-10 at 12:44 -0500, Jeff Bauer wrote:
> On 11/10/2013 10:40 AM, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 08:17:06AM -0700, thomas aylward wrote:
> >> how does a novice begin with debian?  Tom
> >>
> > How does a novice begin with Linux -
>
> Burn, test drive, and used a live CD distribution for a minimum of a
> month and learn all you can about it. Then try some others. Repeat as
> necessary until you find a distro worthy of installing.

"For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by
doing them" (Aristotle), Beco's signature.

How does somebody learn how to use forks and knives, chopsticks or even
Windows?

Linux live CDs are useful, but shouldn't be used to chose a Linux
distro. Simply start with one distro and after a while install two other
distros to the same machine, if the chosen distro shouldn't fit to your
needs.