DROPPED: libxml warnings while upgrading squeeze -> wheezy

On Thu, 7 Nov 2013, Gregory Nowak wrote:

On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 12:52:23PM +0200, Itay wrote:
Hi,

During the upgrade I got many times the following warning:

	program compiled against libxml 208 using older 207

Shooting in the dark I did:

# aptitude show libxml2
Package: libxml2
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Multi-Arch: same
Version: 2.8.0+dfsg1-7+nmu2

I have no idea what is libxml so I don't even no if I was looking at
the right place.
And can't figure out the correspondence between 'libxml 208' and the
version number shown by aptitude.  (If there is any.)

Should I be concerned?

I remember seeing this as well when upgrading one of my machines from
squeeze to wheezy. After the upgrade however, all seems to be
well. Based on my experience, I would say don't worry about it, but I
do stand to be corrected as always.

Greg

Greg,

Thank you for your reply.
I will follow your experience and drop the matter.

Itay