[SOLVED] mounting my USB RAM Stick

On Wed, 6 Nov 2013 22:32:26 +0100
Jean-Marc <jean-marc@6jf.be> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I got a strange behavior with my laptop.
> When I insert a USB stick, it mounts but belongs to root.
> If I plug it in my desktop, it mounts with my user.
>
> Two Jessie systems kernel 3.10 Gnome3.
>
> And my user get plugdev group.
>
> Any suggestions ?

I got an answer on the debian-user-fr list telling me to take a look in /etc/fstab.
And I found a line starting with /dev/sdb1.  This made my laptop mounting the USB device following this definition but it did not manage permissions.

Removing this allows the other automount system to work mounting it under /media/<user>/<USB-name>.

Strange, this def in /etc/fstab.

Jean-Marc <jean-marc@6jf.be>