Re: No space left on device (28) but device is NOT full!

On 5 November 2013 02:30, Tazman Deville <tazmandevil@gmx.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 06:43:45PM -0500, Hecber Cordova wrote:
>>    Hi,
>>
>>    Did you check inodes usage? (df -i)
>>
>>    I could be inodes availability rather than block availability.
[...]
> I have no idea what the significance of this is, but
> df -i gives
> $ df -i
> Filesystem            Inodes   IUsed   IFree IUse% Mounted on
> /dev/sda7            1729920 1729920       0  100% /
>
> So, yeah...inodes, but I'm ignorant of what that means,
> or how to resolve that.
[...]

This is a bit off main topic, but definitely 'on' for this list. Lets
imagine a scenario there is nothing to delete on the troublesome
partition, but there is another disk. What would be the best tool to
move data to another partition having the same size, but higher number
of inodes?

Thanks,
Wawrzek
--
Dr  Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański    or Wawrzek for short
  PhD in Quantum Chemistry  & MSc in Molecular Engineering