Re: free-software phone: neo900

On 11/04/2013 08:54 PM green wrote:
Something that might be of interest to Debian users: the neo900, at
<http://neo900.org>, is intended to be a successor of the Nokia N900,
with significantly improved specifications and features, as well as
full free software support (excluding PowerVR 3D acceleration).  It is
even (as of this writing) planned to have Debian GNU/Linux as the
bundled OS.

Comments?

I notice that, like the OpenMoko, there's no camera(s)... or did I miss mention of it? Having a camera is one of the main reasons I relented and bought a smart phone in the first place. I use it quite often to take photos and videos. We might have to wait for patents to expire so some hardware moves into the public domain before certain features become viable for open hardware systems.

Is there a microphone? Again, an important piece of hardware, useful for a lot of applications and purposes. If it's a phone, we'd fully expect there to be a mike, but these days stuff like that should be explicitly listed.