Re: What to do when not understanding man pages?

On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 10:55:10 -0600
Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

> To borrow from the hardware world, man pages would correspond to
> Product Specification. What I'm looking for would correspond more
> with an Application Note.

I think the magic word you want is 'tutorial'. You probably also want
to set time limits, as one of the most useless things in the world is
an obsolete tutorial. Man pages on the web are usually current.

If you want something a bit unusual, such as an obscure freeRADIUS
application, you probably want to track down half a dozen tutorials,
and try to read between the lines. It's surprising how much can be left
out of a set of 'step-by-step' instructions, but different people
generally leave out different things.

--
Joe