Re: Why syslog is not rotating?

On 20131104_105718, Itay wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Nov 2013, Reco wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 3 Nov 2013 17:16:02 +0200 (IST)
> >Itay <debian@itayf.fastmail.fm> wrote:
> >
> >>On Sun, 3 Nov 2013, Reco wrote:
>
> >[...] Is there anything suspicious in the root mailbox?
>
> root mail box has daily messages like this starting at june 2010
> (yes, I know, bad me)

A lot has changed since I was skilled at Debian install, but I
remember that there was a way to automatically forward all emails
that are sent to root to some other mailbox, like your own user
mailbox. That way you would have become aware of your problem
back in june 2010. Whatever you do to fix logrotate problem, don't
forget to root mail forwarding to a place where you regularly
read your mail. Do this by adding a line to /etc/aliases (I think)

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net