Re: Installing same packages in a Squeeze installation in a new Wheezy installation

On Monday 04 November 2013 12:19:45 Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 02:20:17PM -0400, Ken Heard wrote:
> > In a new box where the Wheezy OS will be freshly installed I want
            ^^^^^^^^^
> > to install all the packages which I presently have in a box with
> > Squeeze.
>
> Why can't you just upgrade?

It's a *new* box.  (See above.) There is no OS on it and it therefore
cannot be upgraded.

> IOW, unlikely that you'll get any help with your "jump through the
> hoops" method.

He's not jumping through hoops, he is asking for help ensuring that he
will get the system he wants.  I certainly hope - and expect - that
he _will_ get some help. :-)

Lisi