Re: apt-get aptitude dependencies purge

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 7:07 PM, Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 2013-11-01 19:39 +0100, Tom H wrote:
>
>> So the "bad" variables are still documented in the aptitude docs and
>> the "good" variables are undocumented except in the changelog. :(
>
> There seems to be a misunderstanding, the aptitude documentation clearly
> states that Apt::AutoRemove::SuggestsImportant is the option you want.

Thanks.

I was looking at this
http://algebraicthunk.net/~dburrows/projects/aptitude/doc/en/ch02s04s05.html
which doesn't document that variable

but I've just installed aptitude-doc-en and it has this
file:///usr/share/doc/aptitude/html/en/ch02s05s05.html
which does...

Still, the "/usr/share/doc/apt/examples/configure-index.gz" purports
to document all apt variables. It's probably just an omission by the
maintainer(s), so I'll file a bug report.