Re: apt-get vs. aptitude

On Saturday 12 October 2013 06:45:15 Dmitrii Kashin wrote:

> >> No, I have not. Because it is normal aptitude's behaviour.
> >>
> >> It was a cognitive case...
> >
> > You start out by replying that this isn't a bug but normal for
> > aptitude!
>
> Yes, it's normal for aptitude, but isn't it ugliness?

No, I like it and so do many others.  There are several other choices
if you do not like aptitude.

> Great. It gives me a choice to break my system, and the only thing
> that separates me from it is the letter 'y'. Thanks. I do not like
> this choice. I would prefer not to have it.

This is Open Source.  If you choose not to be able to choose, that is
your choice.  I prefer aptitude's leaving many of the decisions to
me.  For some things it does not accept a mere y (in fact, for "y"
you can just do enter), but insists on getting a "yes" in full.

Lisi