Re: Hosting advice

On 10/31/2013 03:53 PM, Craig L. wrote:
I have a good friend that is in a sticky situation and has turned to me for help. I'm not 100% sure of how to advise him so I figured I would pose our question here.
He lives in Texas, in the USA. He is starting his own business, and a bit sooner than he planned. He has a domain registered to him. He needs to be able to set up email service asap, with an eye towards eventually setting up a web site for the operation. I know GoDaddy offers these types of services, but I'm not a big fan of GoDaddy. Since I will probably be the system administrator for a while, I would prefer a hosting service that offers a Linux OS, preferably Debian, and PostgreSQL or MySQL, again preferably PostgreSQL.
May I trouble you good people for suggestions that meet these needs? We would like to have at least one working email address by close of business tomorrow (Friday, 1 November), or Monday at the latest.

If you want a virtual private server (VPS), I had a good experience with a Linode:

    https://www.linode.com/

They offer several OS's, including Debian 6 and 7.

HTH,

David