Re: Debian sid and AMD/ATI Richland [Radeon HD 8670D]

Hi,

On 09-10-2013 23:05, MRH wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd need some help with ATI GPU. Is it correct that for that processor
> (AMD A10 6700 - with integrated Radeon HD 8670D) I need flgrx non-free
> drivers to enjoy 3d support (ie to get Gnome 3 working - at the moment
> it goes to the fallback mode). I've got xserver-xorg-video-radeon and
> mesa libraries installed.
>
> If I understand correctly, it should change with linux kernel 3.12
> which will support this GPU?
>
> What should I install?
>
> Debian sid, AMD64.
>
> Kind regards,
> Michal

I'm sorry but i can't understand if you tried it or just asking?

The current kernel at sid is 3.10 and fglrx-driver 13.4, acording with
phoronix[1][2][3], the kernel will work, but for the driver it doesn't
see to be prepare to the HD8670D but the 13.8 might work [4].

The fglrx-driver 13.8 is in experimental, or perhaps download from amd.

Hope it helps!

PS: i didn't search in the radeon open source to see if it work with
hd8670D.

[1]http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd_a10_6800k&num=2
[2]http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd_radeon_hd8670d&num=1
[3]http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd_gallium3d_hd8670d&num=1
[4]http://askubuntu.com/questions/333350/no-drivers-for-amd-radeon-hd-8750m-or-amd-radeon-hd-8550

--

Bandarra
LiCo #544119

"Enjoy while you can 'cos you'll never know when it'll end"