Re: Set widescreen resolution in console

On Wednesday 16 October 2013 13:14:06 Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 09:23:16PM +0400, Dmitrii Kashin wrote:
> > Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> writes:
> > >
> > > The current Testing.  It has not, I believe, got a number yet,
> > > but I
>
>                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Although, it appears the OP is stating what she believes, in this
> context (It reads to me as) she is basically saying:
>
> "I am not entirely certain but I don't think it has a number yet,
> but If it has already then I'd expect it to be Debian 8 or will be
> Debian 8 when it has."

That is exactly what I meant.  I wasn't sure about the number, largely
because I personally am not that worried about the number, but I was
sure that Jessie is the current Testing, which seemed to me to answer
the question "What is Debian Jessie?".  And no-one else had replied.

> > > would expect it to be Debian 8 eventually.
> >
> > You're wrong. It has.
>
> That's a bit harsh.
>
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2012/07/msg00004.h
> >tml

I am not on the Debian developers announce list.

> Ahh, look it states Debian 8.
>
> IOW, "I believe" appears to be a phrase that a translator would
> have to be very careful with. :)

:-)

Lisi