Re: apt-get vs. aptitude

Morten Bo Johansen wrote:
On 2013-10-13 Ralf Mardorf wrote:

apt-mark hold <package>
or
echo <package> hold | dpkg --set-selections
or
Synaptic's lock option
Sure. But the gist of the discussion to me was the point of view of the
naive user, i.e. how the two package managers behave out of the box.
No compelling arguments have been provided that one is better than the
other in that respect.

For what it's worth: Every time I try to use Aptitude, I find myself confused and/or not getting the results I need. As a result, I keep using apt-*

Miles Fidelman